Teacup Donkey

This is my story from my arrival in Missouri thtrough the days of my blogging.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Tangled in a Fence

Two days ago I almost did myself in. While I was casually grazing in the field next to mine where the grass is always greener, unless of course I am on the other side of the fence, which is often because being so small I can get through the wires, I hooked my bridle latch on the bottom wire. To the untrained eye of the donkey owner I was able to not look stupid just standing by the fence. It was to be a hot day but the morning was still cool even in the sun at 8 a.m. This is everyone's favorite time...its food time. I could see my horse friend Fire and donkey friend VJ doing their prefeeding dance around the trough. Of course it was difficult to see them with my head latched to the fence but I could turn halfway around to look. The noise of the food, my food, landing in the trough was too much to take. I yelled a noise a miniature donkey didn't know he could make. It was more likened to the squeal of a pig than to anything that could come out of a little donkey. The donkey owner didn't even know it was me. When he came to investigate in my direction only I and the fence were standing there. I felt like a stupid ass tangled up in the fence. The donkey owner quickly saw my situation and set me free.  I am forever in the debt of the donkey owner. Now where is my food?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home